Your most valuable asset is not your car, valuables or even your home. Your most valuable asset is your ability to earn an income.
Things to consider:
- Statistics show that 6 out of every 10 people between the ages of 20 and 60 will have some period of disability before the age of 65.
- Approximately 50% of all home foreclosures are caused by disabilities.
- A disabling injury occurs every 2 seconds and a fatal injury occurs every 6 minutes. (Reports on Injuries in America, National Safety Council)
- In the home, there is a disabling injury every 5 seconds and a fatal injury every 15. Nearly ¾ of all disabled people are rejected for Social Security Benefits.
- Disability policies offered by employers MAY NOT be portable or as comprehensive as individual policies.
- Wage losses, medical expenses, property damages, employer costs, fire losses and other expenses related to unintentional injuries and fatalities cost Americans an estimated $480.5 billion in 1998. That's equal to 59 cents of every dollar spent on food in the U.S. in 1998. (Reports on Injuries in America, National Safety Council)